Offering the very best in out-of-hospital midwifery care, Selah Midwifery Center partners with you for personalized, quality care and a safe birth experience. At Selah Midwifery Center our Certified Professional Midwives, are licensed in the state of Idaho, are experts in natural childbirth, and are highly skilled in water birth. You can birth at your own home or in one of our two birthing suites.
What women love is that there is more to maternity care with a midwife than checking blood pressure, fundal height, weight and urine checks.
- You will see a familiar face at each of your appointments, and you will be given adequate time to ask questions and address your concerns.
- Your midwife is a specialist in pregnancy, birth and postpartum care who has designed a complete program of care to nurture healthy pregnancy, joyful birth and confident parenting.
- You will receive individualized, family-centered full-scope prenatal services, and continuous care and support during labor and birth.
- Your midwife will incorporate shared decision-making into your care so that you will feel informed and empowered to make good health decisions for you, your infant and your family.
- Your midwife has the skills and knowledge to facilitate healthy normal childbirth, to assure comfort and safety for you and your baby, and to accommodate your family’s needs.
- You will receive nurturing postpartum care and support in your home and the midwife’s office in the weeks and months after birth as you adjust to your new baby and the changes in your family.
If a personal and empowered experience is what you are looking for, we would love to be your partner in pregnancy, birth and beyond.